Sunday, April 15, 2012

Casbah Moroccan Restaurant

Hey everyone! I%26#39;m going to be in Savannah this weekend with my parents. Has anyone been to Casbah Moroccan Restaurant? I really want to take them out for a fun evening of good food and bellydancing, as they have never has Moroccan food before. Does anyone have a review of this restaurant? Like is the food good, is it authentic? Any replies are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Casbah Moroccan Restaurant

It%26#39;s been a couple of years since we went. We went and enjoyed it. I don%26#39;t know how ';authentic'; it is, but we had fun.

I looked up the menu on the Internet so we knew exactly what we wanted. I wouldn%26#39;t have had the slightest idea if I had waited until we got there. LOL The lights are VERY dim, so you might want to slip one of those little penlights into you handbag or you won%26#39;t have the slightest idea what%26#39;s on the menu. Better yet, check out the menu before you go.

Enjoy your stay

Casbah Moroccan Restaurant

Have a great time!

As a %26#39;local%26#39;, I heard nothing but compliments about the food, decor and the fun. This is a lovely location. Just remember that this cuisine is %26#39;different%26#39; from the average fare. I agree that you should look up the menu to have a better idea of what is on the menu to order.

Don%26#39;t forget that this weekend is 1st Saturday on the water front. There will be fireworks on Friday night, as well as an arts show on the river.


This Saturday is also the sidewalk arts festival at Forsyth Park. It is a SCAD competition of chalk drawing on the sidewalks, always fun and some beautiful stuff. Hundreds of entrants.


%26#39;Authentic%26#39; Morrocan food would be made with goat, so I%26#39;ll gladly take the inauthentic lamb.

It is very good food.


If you haven%26#39;t found a menu yet, check out this site and use the ';search for'; spot over on the top left.

http://savannahmenu.com/crabshack/home_ie.htm

It makes me want to go in and order one of each.


while I was looking at their specialty menu, I remembered what I ordered. It was lovely!! An appetizer that was big enough to be an entree.

CORNISH HEN BASTILA

';A boneless cornish hame hen mixed with onions, parsley, spiced egg and toasted almonds. Stuffed in a philo dough pastry, baked and garnished with cinnamon and powdered sugar.';

And all I have to look forward for lunch today is leftovers! Ugh!

  • a chance for revenge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment