Sunday, April 15, 2012

Theater

Is there any plays or anything going on in Atlanta? I will be there April 26th.



Theater


I suppose by April 26 you mean tomorrow. I went to the Creative Loafing website and found 10 hits when I did a search for theater tomorrow. Here is the page result.



http://tinyurl.com/mebob





If that list doesn%26#39;t have anything that interests you here is Creative Loafing%26#39;s home page. You may find something else going on.



atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/index



Theater


Thank you so much!!




Something I can heartily recommend for anybody is to catch the hilarious comedy ';Peachtree Battle'; at the Ansley Park Playhouse. It%26#39;s been playing to packed houses for five+ years now. It is locally written and produced and is the dialogue is very ';insider Atlanta'; and is constantly changing depending on currents events. It is basically the story of what happens when the son of one of Atlanta%26#39;s wealthiest families necomes engaged to a Hooter%26#39;s girl. Now would be a good time to catch it as it is ending it%26#39;s run on May 21.





For ticket information:





Ansley Park Playhouse



1545 Peachtree St.



Atlanta, GA 30309



(404) 875-1193







I read in the paper today that the playwrights for the play were just in London in talks with Judi Dench to play the family matriarch in the upcoming film version.






Nuke



This play sounds hilarious. I will definitely look into seeing it. Thanks.




I saw it about four years ago and it was SO funny, especially the alcoholic grandmother. I need to go see it again to see how it has changed to keep up with current events. One thing won%26#39;t change - they make jokes about Monica Kauffmann%26#39;s changing hair color.

No comments:

Post a Comment