Saturday, April 21, 2012

ATL to Kennesaw transportation

Hello, I%26#39;ve an interview in Kennesaw and am wondering best way to get there from ATL. I%26#39;ve never driven in Atl and I%26#39;m sure I%26#39;ll be a bit nervous going and exhausted returning from a short trip. It appears the car rentals are pricey as well. Wondering if taxi or limo prices and comfort would be better. Any info appreciated.





ATL to Kennesaw transportation


Unfortunately, a taxi from Atlanta to Kennesaw is going to be far costlier than a rental car. You should be able to rent a car from the airport through Priceline for around $20 a day. It is not a difficult drive, although depending on the time of day you%26#39;re travelling you may encounter some traffic. Essentially, you will leave the airport travelling north on I-85, then I-85 will merge with I-75 downtown, then the two interstates will split again in midtown and you will take I-75 north into Kennesaw. Unless you%26#39;re driving into Kennesaw between 4:30-6:30 in the afternoon, traffic should be fine. I am not sure what a limo would cost, but I know limo sedans from the airport to midtown are upwards of $60 so I would imagine Kennesaw would be at least twice that since it is around 20 miles north of Atlanta. Public transit is probably available but would be far more complicated than driving, as you%26#39;d have to transfer from Atlanta%26#39;s MARTA to Cobb County%26#39;s CCT system.



ATL to Kennesaw transportation


Thank you very much. I%26#39;ve not tried priceline but this may be a good opportunity to do so since the prices look like they are around $65 a day.




Also, one other suggestion. If you have the address of your interview, be sure to map it out on line and print it out. Bring the directions along with you as the Atlanta drivers aren%26#39;t always patient with lost visitors. It should be a straight shot north but depending on the time of day, it could easily take a good hour or more.




Thanks again, I%26#39;m looking at prices on rentals, have you ever heard of relieability of EZ car rental? Also, are the out of terminal rentals better as far as transport (not price, I know they are usually cheaper)--is it easier to get out of the airport and onto 75North from one of these than from the terminal? Thanks again, sorry for so many questions.




Most of the off-site car rental places are on or off Camp Creek Parkway which is a the next exit off I-75. You won%26#39;t have a problem with directions getting to I-75. I%26#39;ve never heard of EZ so check their ratings on line. No need to pay extra for the big car rental companies however, they shouldn%26#39;t be that much more expensive. Sometimes it%26#39;s worth a few bucks to use a reputable company and know in advance that they%26#39;ll be better at handling any problem that might occur. Good luck on the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment