Saturday, April 21, 2012

Georgia Aquarium Vs Osaka Kaiyukan Aquarium

I love the Osaka Kaiyikan Aquarium. One of my most spectacular sights in my life. In addition, I have been to many, many aquariums in my travels. So far, the most memorable is still Osaka%26#39;s.





I%26#39;d by arriving Atlanta for a day trip on May 29 2006 (1st time in Atlanta). Should I be spending time in the Georgia Aquarium or other sights? What will the recommendations be ?



Georgia Aquarium Vs Osaka Kaiyukan Aquarium


I cannot give you a firsthad take on the aquarium, but will say that everyone I have spoken to (20+) have said its incredible. Although there are plenty of other things to see and do since you have already been so impressed with another aquarium. One thing to note is that ATL%26#39;s is the world%26#39;s largest aquarium.



Georgia Aquarium Vs Osaka Kaiyukan Aquarium


If you only have one day in ATL and you already have a favorite aquarium, check out the Cyclorama (3 dimentional depiction of the Civil War)and Zoo Atlanta (they%26#39;re next to each other). Stay in the downtown area so you%26#39;ll have time for one of these too - CNN or World of Coke or Margaret Mitchell%26#39;s home (The Dump).




I really love the Georgia Aquarium, and would certainly recommend that you visit. It has a lot of exhibits of animals that are indigenous to the southeast, which will be different from what you would see at Osaka. If you%26#39;re a fan of aquariums, and it sounds like you are, I think you should visit the Georgia Aquarium. You should count on spending about 2 hours there.





Since you do not have much time in Atlanta, I would also recommend walking around Centennial Park and possibly touring the CNN studios. I would not go to Underground - there%26#39;s nothing there of any interest. Then you can ride MARTA to Midtown. I would get off At North Avenue and walk north along Peachtree Street, which will give you a great opportunity to see what Atlanta is like. When you reach 10th Street you can turn right to visit Piedmont Park, or keep going to 15th Street to see the High Museum of Art.





If you have a car, you may also want to drive through Buckhead to see the beautiful homes and governor%26#39;s mansion. I think you%26#39;ll have a full day, though, just seeing downtown and Midtown.




Thank you for all the helpful insights. Much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment