Thursday, April 12, 2012

little girl trip to Atlanta

I%26#39;ll be taking my 7-year-old for a mommy/daughter trip and wondered if there were any ';mommies'; who knew of anything special to suggest. Dollies, tea rooms, dress up playhouses, American Girl hotspots, hip birthday party locations, etc. I%26#39;ll be staying in the northern suburbs, so a suggestion that is downtown isn%26#39;t necessary.



little girl trip to Atlanta


I think your daughter could enjoy the sculpture exhibition currently showing at the Atlanta Botanical Garden. It is the largest exhibition ever assembled of Niki de Saint Phalle%26#39;s enormous and brilliantly colorful ceramic sculptures. I believe children would enjoy it because her works are very interactive, made to be touched and in some cases, walked through. They are very fanciful and have a ';happy'; feel to them.







There is also a children%26#39;s garden at the Botanical Garden that I think your daughter would enjoy.





http://www.atlantabotanicalgarden.org/home.do



little girl trip to Atlanta


Do you have Club Libby Lu where you live? If not, I haven%26#39;t met a little girl yet who does love getting a makeover at Club Libby Lu. There%26#39;s one at North Point Mall.




We were considering Club Libby Lu for her birthday party in Sept. Perhaps we can ';try it out'; in Atlanta. Thanks for the idea! Botanical garden....good idea too. Thanks!




I haven%26#39;t been but this teahouse seems to have a devoted following:



http://www.1111teahouse.com/ Also, in Chamblee, there is a teahouse called the Faded Rose Tea Garden. Here is a link I ran across on atlantacuisine.com:



teamap.com/tearooms/faded_rose_tea_garden_15鈥?/a>





For a really special occasion, though, I would go to the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton for high tea.




My mom took by 10 year old daughter to The Ritz Carlton in Buckhead for tea last year and she still talks about it. Great time for both generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment