Thursday, April 12, 2012

Am I missing anything?

I will coming to Savannah in two weeks and am traveling with my mother and 4 year old daughter. We will be in town for 5 days and I hope to travel to Charleston for one of them. After taking the time reading through all the posts and replys I have compiled my own ';must see'; list, which includes Bonaventure Cemetary, St. John the Baptist Church, Jukebox Journey, Old Savannah on/off tour and/or Ft Pulaski and Tybee Island. If time allows I would also like to tour the Owens-Thomas House. I am trying to figure out the best way to fit everything in. Which of these destinations are close to each other where I can kill two birds with one stone? I have also chosen several restaurants which seem to get the most raves. They include, Gottliebs, Old Pink House, Vics, Firefly, B. Matthews , Bistro Savannah and Vinnie Van Go-Gos. Could you recommend a restaurant, other than Lady and Sons or Mrs. Wilkes for traditional southern food?



Am I missing anything?


You may want to try a couple of these places.





savannahnow.com/stories/031205/2877734.shtml





Some excellent food to be had.





Don%26#39;t miss a walk through Forsyth park and just some strolling through the squares, this is the south, relax.





I was born and raised in Everett BTW.





Obviously Pulaski is on the way to the beach, an easy combo there.





Other than Bonaventure, which is just a few minutes drive away, everything else is within easy walking distance of each other.





Here is a map 0of the HD, if you have not seen this already:





www.savcvb.com/savannah/maps/downtown.shtml



Am I missing anything?


BrianO-I was hoping I would hear from you. I was pleasantly surprised when I read in an earlier post that you were from Everett. I had assumed that you were born and raised in Savannah. This is my first time traveling to the south and I am so looking forward to it.





If time becomes an issue and I have to choose between Fort Pulaski or Tybee Island, which do you think would be more apealing to a 4 year old?





Also, I forgot to ask if you or anyone one else is familiar with a company called Luxury Living-Savannah? We are staying at one of their properties. It is called the Johnson Square Carriage House and it is located on Jones Street. Just curious if anyone had stayed there and what their experience was.




The 4 yr old is not going to enjoy Tybee much unless you can spend a few hours to let her play in the sand. And you will need chairs or towels to sit on while you watch. The water will still be a little chilly for splashing about. You can drive down just to say you have been and then drive back to the Fort. It%26#39;s only a short distance away. She won%26#39;t understand about the Fort, what it is and what it means, but I think she will enjoy standing up on top and looking out. Kids usually like to walk around the moat and look for %26#39;gators too. Please be sure and hold her hand. I would put Tybee/Pulaski on the bottom of the list of things to do. It%26#39;s not really young child oriented.





Take time in Forsyth Park to buy her a bag of peanuts to feed the squrrels. They will come up and take the peanuts from her hand.





I think you will have time to see all the things that you want to see. Just play it as you go and don%26#39;t worry about keeping to a schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment