Thursday, April 19, 2012

Residents... A last wish!

If you had only one last day to celebrate your beautiful city, how would you spend it?



I am asking as a tourist, not a playboy article, so keep it clean!!!



My husband and I are visiting in May and will be there for 8 days. I know we are going to be eating quite a bit, so I am hoping for a little creativity here!



Residents... A last wish!


I think I would pull up a comfy chair on the bluff at the Isle of Hope and just look at the trees and the river.





Or, I might get a big bag of roasted peanuts, sit on a bench near the fountain at the Forsyth Park and feed the pigeons and squirrels. I haven%26#39;t had a squirrel eat out of my hand since I took my children there when they were little.



Residents... A last wish!


I would start at Bull and Bay St, walk south down Bull, sitting for a while in every square. I would have lunch at Angel%26#39;s BBQ spend an hour or so by the fountain in Forsyth, get a cup of coffee at Sentient Bean, walk back down Bull sitting in each square on the opposite side for a brand new view. I would have drinks at The Vu in the Hyatt overlooking the river, eat dinner at Garibaldi%26#39;s and have dessert. Then stroll down River St for the breeze.




I made my first post off the top of my head and I thought I might could do better if I thought about it more.





I guess it depends on the time of year and what I had already done. So if I hadn%26#39;t already done any of these thngs I would pick out a couple of these and: Climb up the Lighthouse at Tybee, Tour the bigger churches, including the Cathedral, to see the stained glass windows, Check out Bonaventure and the spooky Laurel Grove cemetery, Maybe go to the Bamboo Farm and the Midway museum on US 17. Maybe the Wild Life Refuge across the Savannah River and look at the different birds, maybe spy a bunch of alligators crawling across the road.(don%26#39;t leave the car!!)





Maybe just take it easy and eat nothing but gooey desserts!




Drive to Boanventure %26amp; Greenwich cemeteries which are about 8 miles east of the old city. Walk along the bluff overlooking the Wilmington River at the cemeteries...you can sit on a bench %26amp; watch the river or stroll the oak-lined alleys. The tombs %26amp; monuments are magnificent. Bring lunch to the picnic tables in Greenwich...these are both former plantation sites. The views %26amp; serenity are stunning.




Thanks so much for your responses! I really want to make sure we ENJOY and savor our time there.





We are so excited to visit and we know it will be better than we imagine!





Coming from Seattle, my husband has never truly experienced the south and the great food and people it has to offer. I want to make sure he (and I) experience as much of that as possible.





Also, is anyone a Rotarian? If so, do you have any information on where and when they meet?




Desirae,



I hadn%26#39;t noticed where you are from. I am from Everett, been here about 15 years. Most of my family is still on Whidbey or in Sequim. You will love it here, we sure do.


  • makeup video
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment