Thursday, April 19, 2012

Buckhead to Charleston

We will be travelling from Buckhead to Charleston (which I%26#39;m reliably informed is a five hour journey). Do you have any suggestions for stops along the way to break up the journey


Any advice would be much appreciated.



Buckhead to Charleston


The two major towns you will pass are Augusta, GA, off I-20 and Columbia, SC, where you switch from I-20 to I-26. I have been through those cities quite a few times, but other than stopping for gas or a rest stop, I haven%26#39;t really spent much time in either place, as I was on my way to Charleston. (Great city) There is one area of Augusta, along the Savannah River which is called the Riverwalk where a paved brick walkway proceeds along the river bank with destinations like museums, parks, and the marina. I usually make the drive in about 5.5 hours. Don%26#39;t speed in South Carolina. I%26#39;m of the opinion that traffic tickets are one of the state%26#39;s primary sources of income.



Buckhead to Charleston


Thanks for the information, especially the warning about speeding. It%26#39;s also helpful to know how long it will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment