Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chateau Elan or something like it

We%26#39;re looking to go to a resort within driving distance of Atlanta over Memorial Day weekend. A good pool and spa are a must, as are good restaurants and bars on or near the premises. We%26#39;ve sort of settled on either Chateau Elan or Ross Bridge which is south of Birmingham. Are there any other comparable properties in the southeast? The Biltmore Estate doesn%26#39;t interest me. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.





Chateau Elan or something like it


Chateau Elan was wonderful for a getaway for us. I hear Barnsley Gardens is incredible too.



Chateau Elan or something like it


the inn at blackberry farm un in tennessee is right up your alley.




asheville is within driving distance too and there are some lovely places there at biltmore and the grove park. let us knwo which you decide upon and good luck!




Thanks for the suggestions. I am checking out Blackberry Farm and Grove Park right now. I was reading in some travel magazine about a year ago about a luxury resort which, I think, was in middle Georgia on a lake and it had a fish camp-like appearance with rockers on a long porch. I recall it being pretty expensive and had fine dining, but I cannot remembert where it was or what the name was. I am beginning to think I imagined it. We%26#39;re sort of leaning towards Chateau Elan but are open to anywhere that we can find entertainment and that has a nice pool.




you are thinking of the ritz at reynold%26#39;s plantation on lake sinclair i believe. very nice!




JAtlanta,


This may not even be close to what you had in mind, but I was looking at my April issue of Southern Living Magazine and there is a short article about a place called Flat Creek, located in Swainsboro, GA. Website is www.flatcreeklodge.com


Also in same issue is info about ';Serene Getaway';, 45 minutes from Atlanta.


Don%26#39;t think either place has a pool, though.


Even if this isn%26#39;t what you want, it sounds interesting and maybe others will enjoy reading about these places.




I%26#39;ve stayed at Chateau Elan twice. First time was gift. Service, room, etc. were not what it was supposed to be. Wrong room, they had the next YEAR on our reservation. Was given the second visit as compensation for the first visit. I was not impressed. Would not go back again. Not much to do around there, either. Grove Park would be much better I would think




The Ritz-Carlton at Reynolds Plantation is located midway between Atlanta and Augusta on I-20. It is a beautiful hotel, and has a great spa and an infinity pool that overlooks Lake Oconee. It also has several restaurants and a nice lobby bar. There are also several great golf courses in the area. The area surrounding the hotel is fairly quiet though- not much nightlife. You can check it out at ritzcarlton.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment