Thursday, April 12, 2012

Savannah Hotel Help

I have dragged my feet for a while, and instead of booking my room for my Savannah trip (on the 24th of April, til the 28th) I%26#39;ve just been reading up on things to do.


Now, most of the rooms I%26#39;ve looked at have gone up in price.


I%26#39;d like to keep it below $80.00 a night for a smoking double room


So far, all I can find in that price range are rooms that are 5 miles outside of the city (e.g. Suburban Extended Stay Savannah North, Masters Inn Savannah Garden City) and the problem with these places is that I wont be driving, and I don%26#39;t want to spend any savings on my hotel on riding cabs back and forth.


Any suggestions are very welcome



Thank you



Savannah Hotel Help


My first suggestion is that you would not want to stay at either one of those places.





I am afraid that this is a very popular time of year here, so rooms are at a premium.





At this point your best bet may be to wait until you get here and walk into some hotels downtown and offer them what you want to spend. They might rather have that, than an empty room. I am sure very few of the hotels are at 100% occupancy.



Savannah Hotel Help


I got a really good deal on a room in Atlanta for the final leg of my trip, so I%26#39;m ok with spending a little more now.



So far I%26#39;m looking at the Thunderbird, or the Econolodge, both seem ok



Any other downtown affordable places that you would reccomend?





Thanks for swaying me away from the already named spots




The Econo Lodge is newer than the Thunderbird which is across the street from the Greyhound Bus Station. Be sure that you get the Econo Lodge in the Historic District. The one on Abercorn would require your catching a city bus into the Historic District. Not bad, but a little inconvenient.




I read some negative comments about it being so close to the bus station, is it a bad area?





The Thunderbird had nothing but positive comments on here, thats why I was considering it




The Thunderbird is right across the street from the Bus Station. The Econo Lodge is across the street and down a little bit. For your price, that%26#39;s about it for the Historic District. Both are on the Western edge of the District, so you would have a walk of several blocks to get to some places like River Street. If you can still get a room grab it!




I%26#39;m very ok with walking, I enjoy it, I%26#39;m just a little concerned about the neighborhood, does the bus station attract undesirables?




Any thoughts on Best Western Historic District, or



Savannah-days Inn And Suites Historic District




The Days Inn in the 200 block of Bay Street would be in a much better location. It%26#39;s also larger. The Best Western is also on Bay but closer to the Western end of the District. It%26#39;s beginning to look a little run down, but I don%26#39;t know how it is inside. The Thunderbird is old, but it has recently been renovated. The Econo Lodge is fairly new.





I am afraid that I simply don%26#39;t know which is the best deal or which is the cleanest. All I can tell you is about where they are located and how easy it will be for you to get around.




Thank you for the great tips

No comments:

Post a Comment