Thursday, April 19, 2012

What to do in Atlanta during 5 hour stop over?

Hi, I have a 5 hour stop over in Altanta (arrive 3:30PM and leave at 8:45PM). Can anyone offer some ideas of what I can explore during that time (public transprotation from the airport)?



Appreciate your suggestions...


Thank you.



What to do in Atlanta during 5 hour stop over?


Please see this thread for some good suggestions:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60898-i104-k38511…





Also, you can run a search in the Search box on this forum using the word ';layover'; and see other suggestions.



What to do in Atlanta during 5 hour stop over?


5 hours at the buisest airport inthe land won%26#39;t leave much time for sigh seeing. at most you%26#39;d have 1.5 hours and depending upon transportation not must time to really see or do much of anything unfortunately. also your visit is timed at peak rush hour travel times. about all i%26#39;d dare try is a visit to the varsity and have the best chili dog you ever tasted then rush back to the airport with my fingers crossed i made it. good luck!




Great help and suggestions. Thanks.





I%26#39;m sure I%26#39;ll have plenty of time just to get out of the airport. The good part is that I%26#39;m flying domestically after rush hour.





I%26#39;m not sure how Atlanta compares to LAX, but in LAX it usually only takes me 30 min or less from the curb to the gate (eticket with no bagage - so I use the kiosk). The Security Checkpoint Tracking System in Altlanta looks like a great thing, too! As for traffic, I%26#39;ll be there the first Friday evening beginning of May. Should be okay for a few hours in the city, no? At least for a chilli dog :)




If you%26#39;re taking public transit (MARTA) traffic won%26#39;t be an issue. It%26#39;s about 15 minutes to/from downtown and the train departs from inside of the airport. Leave yourself a little time coming back, though, in case the train is delayed.





You can track security lines online. Plus, my secret (which I%26#39;m now sharing with countless people) is that, no matter what gate I fly out of, I go through security in the far left lane for the T-Gates. It has a separate line than the main gates, and always has fewer people. You can just hop on the train from the T-gates rather that the main gate security checkpoint. You will definitely need to confirm when boarding cuts off (sometimes even domestically it%26#39;s as much as 20-30 minutes before the flight time).

No comments:

Post a Comment