Sunday, April 15, 2012

First trip with my boyfriend - would Dahlonega be a good...

Hello!


I am looking for some romantic place for my first trip with my boyfriend. I%26#39;m not thinking in nothing luxurious, and he really likes the mountains. I was thinking on going to Forrest Hill in Dahlonega and what caught my atention about this place is the view from the rooms and room itself looks really nice. But of course, this are conclusions taken from their website photos. I would like to know your opinion if this is a nice place to go and how is the hotel. Is this place would be to much for a first trip? I saw that people use to go there to get married and I don%26#39;t wanna scare him. I am open to other suggestions too. I am really concerned about this, because it%26#39;s suppose to be a surprise and I am not from this country so I don%26#39;t really have an idea how things are around here...So if you can give me your opinion I will be very thankfull!!



First trip with my boyfriend - would Dahlonega be a good...


it might be a bit much for a first trip. forrest hills is a delightful resort with cozy hot tub cabins and a nice family run restaurant. we have enjoyed each visit. it%26#39;s a great place for popping the question. i should know.



First trip with my boyfriend - would Dahlonega be a good...


I%26#39;ve not been to Forrest Hill so I can%26#39;t help you with that. But the North Georgia mountains are a beautiful place for a trip.





When I was single, I did go on a date to Dahlonega with a fellow. They were having some kind of blue grass festival and it was really quite enjoyable. The town square has a bunch of cute shops. And in the center of the square, the old courthouse is now a museum that tells the story of the Daholonega gold rush in the 1800s. We both enjoyed that.





Near the square is the Smith House, a great family style restaurant serving Southern cooking. You sit at a table with other people and pass the bowls around to each other. Great fried chicken!





If you do go, come back and tell us if you had a good time.




may i also suggest visiting the last resort in blue ridge ga. it%26#39;s a little less honeymoonish but a lovely resort in the mountains. they have a web site of the same name all one word .com



blue ridge has lots of fun stuff to do along with plenty of good food.




This post was very interesting. I am on the Georgia site due to my daughter going to Statesboro to college this fall. I have been on the Tybee Island, Savannah, Atlanta and southern SC sites. We love the mountains and I did not know there were any in Georgia (I am not stupid, but on the East Coast have only been to Boston, Washington DC and Florida so am so ';unfamiliar';. This state looks wonderful. If I were coming to the mountains in Georgia, where would I fly in to? During the colder months, how cold is it in the mountains? Thanks for ';bearing with me';.




I hope I%26#39;m not too late to help you - DO NOT go to Forrest Hills if you want a good view!!! I thought the same thing when I planned a vacation for my fiance and I in February. The cabins have views of trees, not mountains! They were also not very well maintained. I was VERY disapointed!





I just found out about Mountain Laurel Creek bed and breakfast (http://www.mountainlaurelcreek.com/ )- I have never been there, but they have pictures of the view from each room on the website. It was on the list of prefered places to stay I got from the venue where I%26#39;m getting married. They also have really good reviews on here.







DYER- I went to college in Statesboro too! How great for your daughter! I%26#39;m assuming she%26#39;s going to GSU.. I hope she loves it as much as I did! The closest big airport to Dahlonega would be Hartsfield Jackson (ATL) - You would probably need to rent a car and take the drive.. maybe about 2 hours from the ATL airport. I can%26#39;t comment on the weather since I dont live up there.




Hi-



Come on over to my hometown of Washington, Ga. for a getaway weekend. There are numerous bed and breakfasts and three great museums. A totally different pace of life from Atlanta. In fact, I noticed another post on here about the Annual Festival of Music and Art, which is this weekend. Thats a good idea.



Here%26#39;s a really good B%26amp;B plus a link for you. Good Luck!





http://www.washingtonplantation.com/





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington%2C_GA




Dahlonega is a nice visit. Pretty view, good food at the Smith House (tho it%26#39;s not as good as it was 20 years ago), cute shops. The weather is similar to Atlanta or maybe a few degrees cooler as it%26#39;s north of Atlanta and almost in the mountains. Outlet stores in Dawsonville between Atlanta and Dahlonega. Enjoy your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment