Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Festivals in the Atlanta Area

Anyone interested in posting your favorite festival. I love the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain. I also look forward to Paces Crossroads down in Newnan. Both are Memorial Day Weekend, I think. And of course, Piedmont Park Arts Festival is always good. What%26#39;s your favorite festival?

Spring Festivals in the Atlanta Area

I used to go to the Cotton Pickin%26#39; Fair down in Gay with my mother but it has been a while. My favorite thing was getting the sausage and biscuits sold by one of the local AME churches. YUM. Those ladies know how to cook!

I also remember going to the Geranium Festival in McDonough before everybody started moving to Henry County. If memory serves, it was on the square. I really enjoyed that one! I have no idea if it still is held.

Spring Festivals in the Atlanta Area

One of my favorite festivals was last weekend - the Inman Park Festival. This festival has better quality vendors and is far less crowded than Summerfest at Virginia-Highland and the Dogwood Festival at Piedmont Park. The parade is always fun and this festival really celebrated the neighborhood rather than looking like a generic carnival. I do enjoy Summerfest but usually just go to drink beer and flirt rather than to do any real shopping. I decided this year that the Dogwood Festival is so crowded it%26#39;s gotten unmanageable, and the ';art'; to me is really tacky.


Darn. I forgot about the Inman Park Festival. They always have some great original stuff. Maybe next year.

  • how to whistle with your tongue
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment