Thursday, April 19, 2012

Driving from Charleston, SC to Atlanta

Looking for advice on a clean/safe/ moderately priced hotel about mid-way between Charleston and Atlanta.



Also, is there a quicker way to drive other than going through Columbia?



Driving from Charleston, SC to Atlanta


I think that the two routes to Charleston (interstate and backroads) take about the same amount of time. We prefer the interstate route ebcause it%26#39;s more mindless and less cops, but of course there%26#39;s less to see. If you%26#39;re going through Augusta, Evans is a safe clean area.



Driving from Charleston, SC to Atlanta


Actually I-26 from Charleston to Columbia and then I-20 from Columbia, through Augusta to Atlanta is actually the fastest, best route. But as I told another poster who is doing the trip from Atlanta to Charleston, don%26#39;t speed in South Carolina. They ticket for 2 mph over the speed limit. Here in Georgia we a little more liberal. I got pulled over on I-85 a couple of weeks ago and the Braselton policeman walked up to my truck, saw my Air Force blues hanging in the back seat, said ';I had you at 92 (in a 70 mph stretch) Air Force, huh? Slow it down a little'; and walked back to his car.





It usually takes me about 5.5 to 6 hours from Atlanta to Charleston, with a stop to fill up and eat. (Usually in the Riverwalk area of Augusta)

No comments:

Post a Comment