Sunday, April 15, 2012

movie theaters, etc

We are moving to cumming, ga. and are interested to know where the nearest theaters and shopping areas would be other than northpoint mall.



movie theaters, etc


Exit 14 off Ga. 400 has lots of shopping. I love the BJ%26#39;s warehouse up there and whatever that area is called (just east of 400), they have almost anything you%26#39;d find at North Point. You also have access to that big outlet shopping center going north on Ga 400. I think it%26#39;s in Dawsonville. I%26#39;m not sure but it%26#39;s on Ga 400 just before it goes from a highway to a 4 lane road.



movie theaters, etc


I just checked. The name of the shopping center where B.J.%26#39;s warehouse is located is Cumming Marketplace. I%26#39;m sure there are many more shopping areas up there now as it%26#39;s become a very popular place to live. I believe, but I%26#39;m not positive, that Exit 14 is Ga. 20 and if you continue about 10 miles east, you%26#39;ll get to Mall of Georgia. Possibly someone else can confirm that but if I%26#39;m right, you%26#39;ll have more shopping than you could ever hope for. Welcome to the south y%26#39;all.




Thank you for the information about shopping at BJ%26#39;s. I will check that out when we get there. Do you know if there are any plans to start building movie theaters or anything that high school kids (mine) will be interested in? I am curious to know where the kids get together with their friends etc since so much of the area is country. Also, can you tell me about the location and stores that will be at the Villages, I think it is called close to Polo Fields? I would like to do research on this to see what is going to be there. You can tell I am from a city where I am used to everything being at my fingertips...thanks for any information.




ride north to blue ridge and watch first run flicks at the swan drive inn movies one of the few remaining in georgia. to view what%26#39;s showing visit their web site.




Kathe - I don%26#39;t know that area very well as I live down in Roswell. I%26#39;ve past the Vilage a few times while still under construction and it%26#39;s going to be beautiful. I have firends that live in and near the Polo Fields and love it. Most teenagers that I know (my son is 17) get together with friends in the subdivision for basketball, swimming, tennis, going to the mall, movies, skateboarding, etc. It is so very important to be in an actively social subdivision in my opinion. If you%26#39;re working with a realtor, be sure to move to a large subdivision, especially for your kid%26#39;s sake. I don%26#39;t know of movies north of N.Point Mall. My kids like the theaters at Startime (located at Alpharetta Highway - also known as Highway 9- and Holcolmbridge Road) Good luck and welcome to Georgia.




Hello and thank you for your reply to my post. We are looking forward to moving to the area, and you can imagne welome all information we can possibly gather on our relocation. We are looking at so many different areas since we area only limited by proximity to my husband%26#39;s work which will be in Alpharetta. My family is looking forward to some property size after living in California on the small lots here, so we were looking up past Polo Fields, etc and at a development called the Legends at Settendown Creek. Are you familiar with it and what are your thoughts about it? I appreciate opinions of people who live there and know more than I can possibly know from such a distance. Do you have any idea if they plan to have a movie theater at the Village? Do you know if there is a website for them? I don%26#39;t mean to sound so hung up on movie theaters but it is important for teenagers (and us) to feel like it isn%26#39;t too far to meet with friends etc at places and see a movie and have dinner, etc. Thanks!




Kathe - I don%26#39;t know the Legends but I believe our subdivision (Edenwilde in Roswell) plays them in our ALTA tennis league. Tennis and golf are really big out here. I am sure the realtors at the Legends can let you know what%26#39;s going in to the local shopping centers. They%26#39;ll also be able to help with the theater locations. I wish I could help you more but I don%26#39;t know that area too well. I can tell you that your real estate dollars will go much farther in the Cumming area than in Huntington Beach. $500K can really get you a beautiful home in and around the North Fulton County area. I know a wonderful realtor if you need one but that%26#39;s about all I can say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment