Friday, March 30, 2012

Julia's HideAway?

Any reviews? It%26#39;s located across the street from old St. Johns Church? Good part of town? Please let me know@



Julia's HideAway?


Yeah, it is across the street from St. John%26#39;s. My wife and I stayed there and had a terrific time. The owner thought of it all - even a hair dryer for the wife and a place in the garden for me to smoke my Cohiba. Great value, great location, and a great place to sleep. Thanks Julia!



Julia's HideAway?


Huh? What? Never heard of it, or old St. Johns Church.





I think this is posted under an incorrect city%26#39;s forum.




Well, Joandio, just hush. I found it:





www.sunnysavannahrentals.com/rent009.html





It is at Whitaker and Charlton Street, near





ST. JOHN EPISCOPAL CHURCH.





I guess it is confusing when we have





St. JOhn Episcopal Church



The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist



St. John Baptist Church





then someone throws in old St. Johns Church and I get confused.




A favorite pastime of some Savannahians is telling their out of town friends to meet them at St. John%26#39;s Church, and then watching the mayhem ensue.




That is a good part of town, pretty close to everything. Whitaker has a few shops near Jones St, other than that it is an ugly one way freeway out of town. When you walk, head a block west to Barnard or a block east to Bull, much nicer walks.




I stayed at Julia%26#39;s last year and the owner, Ken, is a real nice guy who will make you feel very welcomed. It%26#39;s a very neat and clean little unit on the ground floor of the home. It%26#39;s perfect for a couple and as mentioned Bull St. is a block away and the walk anywhere isn%26#39;t bad, especially now that it%26#39;s cooled off. The only thing was having to park on the street and having to worry about getting a ticket the whole time I was there.




now that%26#39;s funny tram..........i always enjoy your humorus posts




You can get a parking pass for around $8 at the visitor%26#39;s center and then use it and avoid the meter when staying at Julia%26#39;s Hideaway. I found the parking on Charlton Street pretty easy to come by. Also, you can park your car at the nearby Liberty Street Garage, unload your stuff at Julia%26#39;s and then move the car to the garage. Cause once you are unpacked, you don%26#39;t need the car.






I%26#39;ve been meaning to repost here since I traveled down to Savannah - I didn%26#39;t stay there, we stayed at Savannah B%26amp;B, but we walked by Julia%26#39;s Hideaway and it was in a fine part of town, it seemed to be well kept on the outside and all that the owner represented it to be - the only issue I had was at the time he wanted me to send cash in up front, and being from a big city on the west coast, of course I was suspicious :), but it turns out this is quite the norm down there, so I am sure all would have been just fine. I really like Savannah B%26amp;B, but next time I go down there, I%26#39;ll probably book with Julia%26#39;s to see what I missed last time, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment