Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hotels and restaurants near Cobb Energy Center

My wife and I will be going to an event at the Cobb Energy Center on a Saturday in April.





I have seen some suggestions on hotels and restuarants.





I like the idea of staying at the Renaissance Waverly Hotel. It is basically next to the Cobb Energy center. What are some nice restaurants in close driving distance?





This is a weekend away from the kids and we would like something nice.





Thanks



Hotels and restaurants near Cobb Energy Center


Hi, tmbnorm. I grew up Dothan. Welcome to Atlanta.





In the immediate vicinity of your hotel, the restaurant selection is pretty unimpressive. You should focus on the Vinings area. The best restaurant in that area is Canoe, who offers exceptional food in a beautiful atmosphere right on the river. There are also Rays on the River and Olives.





Other TA users have recommended these places in Vinings: Blackstone; Soho; Old Vinings Inn; The River Room





Hope this helps.



Hotels and restaurants near Cobb Energy Center


Thanks.





I actually live just north of Dothan in Headland.



We are coming up for the event and will only spend one night.




I know Headland. Peanut country. What a boring drive between there and Atlanta. I make it about every 6 weeks.





Another restaurant to consider is Blue Ridge Grill. The food is excellent, if slightly overpriced, and the service impeccable.




At the intersection of Cumberland Blvd and Atlanta Rd are 2 really nice places:



Muss and Turner%26#39;s www.mussandturner.com



and South City Kitchen.




My husband and I recently went to Rays on the River for his birthday. We had an excellent meal with great service. Ask for a riverside table when making a reservation, it%26#39;s quite romantic. You can go for a nice stroll along the river when you are done or head into the bar for live jazz. Just bring plenty of $$ it%26#39;s expensive.




You can actually walk over to the Cumberland Mall area and go to the Cheese Cake Factory from the Galleria. Yes, I know it is a chain. I love the Thai chicken wraps and my husband gets the shepherd%26#39;s pie. Just order wine or beer. (You can now take the rest of the bottle of wine with you by law.) The mixed drinks are not so good. Yuck! Too much mix and simple syrup!



It is fun to take a dessert back to your hotel and share it with a decaffeinated coffee you make with the coffee pot provided in your room. Just ask for two plastic forks. There is no way one person could eat one of the desserts you get from the Cheescake Factory.




';There is no way one person could eat one of the desserts you get from the Cheescake Factory.';





Oh, you of little faith!




While I%26#39;m not a fan of Cheesecake as a restaurant destination, I think that%26#39;s a fabulous idea to take cheesecake back to the room for a relaxed end to the evening. I think I%26#39;ll plan something like that for my next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment