Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dining recomendations for six Boston Gals on Thursday March...

I will be in Savannah for St Patrick%26#39;s Day weekend this year with 5 of my best gal pals! We are staying at the Marriott Riverfront and are looking for a great place nearby to have dinner the Thursday night we land! We are not too fussy and are looking for a fun place with great food and the famous Southern hospitality Savannah is famous for. We are not too young(30ish - or too old either)and want to stay away form the college crowd. Could you point us in the right direction? Also - please let me know if we should make a reservation? Thanks so much!



Dining recomendations for six Boston Gals on Thursday March...


On the evening of March the 16th, the day before the Big Parade, I suggest that you eat where ever you can find a table. I don%26#39;t think it%26#39;s going to be possible to stay away from the college crowd. Nor will it be possible to stay away from the crowd that has already started partying. Most of them will be down on River Street and in the City Market area. You really should make reservations. I think the Marriott has a restaurant. That might be your best deal because of the crowds.



Dining recomendations for six Boston Gals on Thursday March...


Have supper at The Pirates House. It%26#39;s very close to your hotel, within walking distance.It%26#39;s on East Broad Street, one block south of Bay. You might want to call a taxi because the walk is uphill from the Marriott Riverfront and can be difficult for some. Definitely call a taxi to take you back to your hotel after supper. That%26#39;s for your safety. I went to a luncheon at The Pirates House a couple of days ago and was thrilled with the menu. Service was attentive without being overdone. Dress casually. The Pirates House is one of the oldest restaurants in Savannah. Some of its buildings are over 200 years old. Haunted, too.




Hey DylansMom - thanks for the restaurant info. We will definitely check out The Pirate House. Could you tell me what you think of Garibaldi%26#39;s as well? It looks pretty good on paper?


Thanks again,




My wife and I like Garibaldi%26#39;s best of all the more expensive restaurants. There are a number of good ones but the service, food ambiance all make it our favorite.




keep in mind, nothing will be normal while you are here. Many places move all their tables and chairs out and just have drink assembly lines. It is very different from a normal weekend, even at our busiest time of year.




Hey BostonGal...I will be at the Marriott for St. Patrick%26#39;s Day too. I%26#39;m so excited! I%26#39;ve been visiting Savannah for years, and I%26#39;ve always wanted to come for St. Patrick%26#39;s Day. Let%26#39;s hope our hotel isn%26#39;t TOO overrun with college kids! (Although I may be acting like one)

No comments:

Post a Comment