Monday, April 23, 2012

BBQ near ATL airport hotel?

The end of June I%26#39;ll be at some inexpensive ($40-60) hotel near ATL overnight to make a connecting flight early the next morning. The hotels I%26#39;m looking at are in Forest Park and College Park. Are there any good barbeque places in either of these towns that would deliver about 9:00 PM to my hotel? I%26#39;ll be too frazzled to go to a restaurant unless its next door to the hotel. It seems like a crime to be in Atlanta and not have barbeque. I sure hope someone can help me out.



BBQ near ATL airport hotel?


there are several great bbq joints in the airport area but none that deliver to my knowledge. does any bbq joint deliver?



BBQ near ATL airport hotel?


bbqman 3341,





What BBQ joints near the airport do you recommend? From what I can see, you look like someone who knows this stuff! How expensive are taxis in Atlanta? Is it feasible to take a taxi to a BBQ place near the airport and then get a taxi back? Would it be safe for tired, disoriented out-of-towners?




flying ppig hapeville ga



patio daddy-o east point ga



wild west bbq jonesboro ga



harrolds jonesboro ga ******



flava%26#39;s bbq ellenwood ga



piggy backs rex ga





9pm is a little late so i%26#39;d be sure my selected spot was still open before rushing over.



good luck!




BBQman,





Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately my stopover in Atlanta is too brief. The international flight arrives about 7:30 PM. Even with just carry-on luggage, by the time I clear customs and get a shuttle to a nearby hotel and dump the bags in my room it will be around 9:00 I expect that I could get to a restaurant. The flight out is early enough the next morning that I%26#39;ll have to settle for breakfast within walking distance of the hotel.




you may be in luck harrolds bbq in jonesboro is open until 9pm. the flying pig 8pm and piggy backs 8pm. all are fairly close, less than 15 min taxi ride from the atl airport. good luck!




The Woody%26#39;s Bar BQ chain delivers. Any opinions about their food?




i have a low opinion of chain bbq by and large. i am unfamilair with woodys though, are they located in atlanta? if so i haven%26#39;t tried them yet. good luck!




Normally I%26#39;d agree with you on the chain bbq places...but Sonny%26#39;s all you can eat baby backs for 14-17.95 draw me back to their location near 285 and 41. Sometimes they actually post the special....other times just ask and they are likely offering it.





Baby backs....%26lt;breaking a sweat%26gt;




i like sonny%26#39;s chicken. i really do. but it%26#39;s not enough. they have some of the worst pork i%26#39;ve ever encounterd. plus any place that has a salad bar ought not sell bbq, especially if there is pudding on the salad bar. that%26#39;s inexcuseable. as for the poole%26#39;s discount i%26#39;d say it was about fair. i don%26#39;t cotton to his que. regretabilly even worse is the new place in ellijay, golden rule which was so good in birmingham. when i%26#39;m inthat neck of the woods i do the cherry log thing. ever have a garlic salad at the pink pig in cherry log? no one will have to ask you where you ate lunch. enjoy!




When I go to Sonny%26#39;s I just ignore everything but the babybacks. Slaw? Beans? DOn%26#39;t bother. Go ahead and get a reorder of babybacks started....and then another....and another.





As for cherry log....never done the salad. Been there a few times and went with the pulled pork sandwich.


  • oil companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment