Monday, April 23, 2012

Driving to Ft Benning

I driving to Fort Benning, GA. from Michigan, anyone know how is the drive and anything that I should be aware of? And how is the drive?



Driving to Ft Benning


I too am driving from Michigan in March. From what I heard, I-75 should take us right down there.



Driving to Ft Benning


Correct, you will take I-75 all the way to Atlanta. Beware, contruction in Knoxville, TN will slow you down, especially during rush hour, so compensate your time for that.



Once close to Atlanta, on the north side of town, take I-285 West to I-85 West.



Stay on I-85 W to exit 21.



Get on I-185 and head towards Columbus, GA. Will take you right into Ft. Benning.



Drive safe.




I drove there from Iron Mountain, Mi. and it is pretty much a straight shot down I75 I think. It was three years ago. Once you get to Atlanta though traffic gets hairy, try to stay away from there in the early evening, or early morning. Once you get through Atlanta, I85 will split into I185 which basically ends at the front gate of Ft. Benning. If you miss the split, you will see a welcome to Alabama sign and will know you missed the split. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment