Saturday, April 21, 2012

Place to stay near Powder Springs

We are attending a Wedding in Powder Springs the middle of May and are looking for a hotel that has at least a restaurant and a lounge/bar for after the wedding.


Our preference is to be near Powder Springs or Douglasville if possible.


There will be several of us and we are not from the area so are not sure where to even look. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.




Place to stay near Powder Springs


In response to your post I hope I can help you some. I have lived in the area for 13+ years and I am married to a cop so safety is a priority when giving advice. Powder Springs is a beautiful, quaint little town. I do not know of any places to stay but you can find some nice little resaurants if you are looking for barbeque or home cooking.



Douglasville has more choices. Arbor Place Mall is in Douglasville and is surrounded by restaurants and businesses. There are a couple of hotels near the mall that would be your best bet. You could also visit the old downtown Douglasville for more of a hometown feel. There are a few nice restaurants in the historic downtown row of shops facing the railroad. I would suggest Gumbeaux%26#39;s if you like cajun foods. Wallace%26#39;s Barbeque is a local favorite and is just a little drive outside of the historic downtown. I have provided a wesite address that I hope will help. www.douglasvillecvb.com *DO NOT STAY NEAR SIX FLAGS OR THORNTON ROAD. I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy Georgia%26#39;s southern hospitality while you are here.



Place to stay near Powder Springs


The Holiday Inn Express on Concourse Parkway is a nice hotel that I would definitely recommend checking out. There are several restaurants within a half mile of the hotel, such as Red Lobster, Chili%26#39;s, IHOP, and Ruby Tuesday. Outback Steakhouse in only a mile away. The hotel has an outdoor pool and a continental breakfast including delicious cinnamon buns is served each morning. Be sure not to get confused, as there are two Holiday Inn Express hotels in the area. You want the one on Concourse Parkway. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment