Monday, April 23, 2012

Wedding at The Beachview Club?

Has anyone ever been to a wedding at the Beachview Club? (www.thebeachviewclub.com) It looks like a beautiful place to get married - right between the oak trees - and have a beautiful tent at the rehearsal. There are abotu 38 rooms so perfect for a wedding of under 100. I hear a lot about the Club so I wanted to know if anyone has feedback about the Beachview. We haven%26#39;t planned anything yet but have really fallen in love with the area over the Internet - it would be a destination wedding. The Club seems pricey and not as intimate? I love how we could take over the entire place at the Beachview - any feedback would be great!



Wedding at The Beachview Club?


i have not been to a wedding there but visited three weeks ago an agree it would be a spectactular place for one. the website doesn%26#39;t do the property justice. it is actually better. the live oaks are not to be beleived! this is the historic area of the island which afords a great deal more privacy. the landscaping is perfect in every detail.the whole area is very well maintained, clean, and kept up. it is very close to the old millionaires cottages. epworth by the sea offers a more economical venue but this area is well worth the price.



Wedding at The Beachview Club?


I married at Faith Chapel and had a luncheon for 48 people at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel. The Chapel is small and intimate and has the most gorgeous stained glass windows I have ever seen in my entire life! The sit-down luncheon at the Club Hotel was fantastic! The chef made a beautiful wedding cake, the florist shop in the Hotel decorated all the tables and provided bouquets, and the pianist who played at night in the main dining room played for us at the Chapel and during the luncheon. The price was very reasonable, in fact, much more reasonable for that size group then having a reception with various types of finger food. That was pretty pricey, to the best of my memory. They had a coordinator at the Hotel that took care of everything, which was wonderful, since I lived out of town and I had only started planning about 8 weeks prior to the date! We married in early December and the weather was great, sunny and in the 60s, decorated for Christmas and best of all, NO BUGS.



Now, if you have your heart set on the Beachview Club, one of my cousins married there and it was beautiful, too. The wedding was on a late afternoon in the spring, the weather was still good with no sand gnats or mosquitos. The tent was up, she had a DJ for dancing, and the party continued on late into the night. She had a caterer from out of town who provided a wonderful buffet dinner. The setting is gorgeous, the only draw-back I see would be the weather and having to plan all the other various aspects (music, food, flowers, etc) They may have someone at the Beachview Club that could help you. The rooms are just standard motel rooms, not as nice as the Club Hotel, but I am sure they would give you a good price for renting the whole place, and it would probably be more fun staying there for any children who may be attending. Either place is great, it just depends whether you want a Chapel or an outside wedding. Just try to avoid the middle of the summer! Hope this helps.




Thank you so much for your post! I actually just received the packet today from the Club and it really is SO beautiful! Is there a place in the club that overlooks the water for a reception? Or a place on the lawn that wouldn%26#39;t be crowded with people? It is really so hard to plan anything outside in the south in the summer! BUGS!



Again, I REALLY appreciate your feedback - having never been there makes it really hard! Any other tips you have would be great!


Thanks again!




Thank you so much for your post! I actually just received the packet today from the Club and it really is SO beautiful! Is there a place in the club that overlooks the water for a reception? Or a place on the lawn that wouldn%26#39;t be crowded with people? It is really so hard to plan anything outside in the south in the summer! BUGS!



Again, I REALLY appreciate your feedback - having never been there makes it really hard! Any other tips you have would be great!


Thanks again!




I don%26#39;t think there is any large rooms at the Beachview Club that overlook the water where you could hold a reception. At my cousin%26#39;s wedding there the ceremony was held on the lawn right in front of the motel, underneath the oaks and overlooking the ocean. The tent was set up to the right of this area, also between the motel and the ocean. This area of lawn under the trees can handle a crowd of people with no problem. If you have your heart set on an outside wedding in the summer, the Beachview Club would be a better choice then the Jekyll Island Club Hotel, because of the ocean breezes. From which hotel did you receive information?




Hi There! THanks for writing me back! :) You are very helpful. I received the packet from the Jekyll Island Club and it really is such a pretty place! I feel like my guests would have more options there because of the restaurants/bars and just being able to explore the grounds in general. There isn%26#39;t even a restaurant at the beachview! Is there a place at the Jekyll Island Club that overlooks the water? (I am sorry if my last post confused you!) Faith Chapel and a reception at Jekyll Island Club could be perfect, but I know my fiance will really want the water SOMEWHERE in his sight at the reception! :) We will probably have about 75 people. I thought the lawn area on the river looked nice? I just wouldn%26#39;t want random hotel visitors hanging around though! :) Oh and what do you know about Latitude 31? I heard that they have a room you can rent for a Rehearsal dinner? Have you been there? I was wondering if it is pretty inside or just a plain room. I heard they have a site but can%26#39;t seem to find it! Thanks again - you really are SO helpful!




I am not sure how Latitude 31 is decorated...I haven%26#39;t been there in about 7 or 8 years. Someone named travelpatty posted response to a rehearsal dinner inquiry in December on the Jekyll Island forum. Latitude 31 is on the dock OVER the river...and you can definitely see the river from the front lawn of the hotel. Also, from the front veranda. Another reception option might be at the Crane Cottage, next door to the JICH...I know they hold some outside in the garden, and there is a great Italian menu served inside and in the courtyard. The majority of the houses in the Millionaires%26#39; village are facing the river, and only separated from it by a road. And the road is blocked to vehicle travel in front of the JICH and the Crane Cottage so you don%26#39;t have to worry about traffic or cars. Diane Moore was the Sales Manager that helped me with all of the details. Ellie DeLoach was the Director of Catering at the Hotel in Dec. of 1999. I had my luncheon in the Federal Reserve and Morgan rooms, which were not on the river side of the hotel. The Alexander, Pulitzer and Aspinwall rooms are on the riverside next to the veranda, and I know that 2 or more of those 3 can be combined. The Aspinwall is small but is the circular room under the turrent with windows all around. I used Patty Rogers at Courtroom Flowers that was there at the hotel at that time. Mollie McCormick, who was a wonderful pianist who could play all the old standards, has unfortunately passed away. Our wedding plans came together with the help of the people above from a start date of Oct. 20 to the wedding on Dec. 4. I could not have asked for a warmer, more intimate and classy wedding, it was magical!




What GREAT information! Thank you! Someone named Beth is the sales manager now - or at least she has sent me all of the info! I am definitely sold on the Jekyll Island Club now! It would be stupid not to get married in that beautiful church! It looks like you would hardly need decorations in there. I will have to look into those river view options - thank you SO much for your feedback. you have been incredible helpful! I am hoping that we can take a trip down there next month. It is quite a hike but I really want to see it in person! :)




Yes, try to plan a trip down there to check everything out in person. My family leaves in Brunswick and I was only 4 hours away, so I was able to get down there twice...once to see everything and choose the rooms and then again to a day to finalize music, flowers, menu and such. I was fortunate in that my pastor from my family%26#39;s church who was there when I was a teenager still lived in the area and was able to perform the ceremony. That really meant a lot to me. I think Saturdays book up pretty fast in the summer. And it is pretty hot and sticky at that time. My favorite time of year there is late March/early April when the azaleas are blooming and then between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The entire village is beautifully decorated then, when zillions of tiny white lights, decorated Christmas trees and natural greenery on all the windows and doors. It is a traditional place, very pretty but not stuffy at all. Good luck and God bless.




Hi, Captain. Glad you%26#39;re getting such great info. We loved Jekyl Island Club, as I mentioned somewhere before and we%26#39;re always keeping up on info about it. At one point, we stayed in...I think it was called the Presidential Suite. It is in the tower and there%26#39;s actually a little staircase going up to the very tip to look out. The suite was large and the bathroom was incredibly long...maybe 15%26#39; or so.



FYI, about the bugs. In our part of Central Va. there are many many colleges and they spray for bugs on the lawns before the outdoor graduations. It keeps them down for a time. Here%26#39;s some more info I posted elsewhere....yes, Deep Woods Off doesn%26#39;t smell half bad and does an excellent job as hairspray when that is one item you don%26#39;t want to use because it%26#39;ll attract bugs to your eyes.



Even though I remember to avoid hairspray and fragrance I also need to remember to avoid fragrance in laundry detergent/softener, in soap I shower with and in powder, deoderant and shampoo/conditioner. I have learned that a little Deep Woods actually keeps one%26#39;s hair in place just as well as hairspray for those fancier events:)



As far as from-the-inside-out, I%26#39;ve heard Vitamin B1 is a deterent to mosquitoes and any of the Bs work well in general. Also, eating peppermint, tabasco and hot sauce (say you liked spicey hot food) work well.



For actually attractive (to humans) spray-on or rub-on repellents, bay leaves, cloves and sage all act as natural insect repellents for ants and other crawling insects. You can give them a try in oil form here and there or mixed with a little water and sprayed over a larger area. Other nice repellents are mint oil in a little water and spray it on or rosemary oil.



Onion and garlic inside and out are also repellents...but have their consequences if you want to associate with other humans.



Remember to be careful what oils you spray on what fabrics. Bugs seem to be attracted to bright, light colors at night, like lightbulbs. And be mindful when spraying over clothing, etc of allergies or breathing conditions such as asthma.



All the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment