Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Question for peachyswan

Could you tell me the safest area for 2 adults and an 11 year old child to stay for a Braves game in July? We were considering Country Inn %26amp; Suites at Turner Field, but I don%26#39;t know if the hotel is clean and safe. Any suggestions? Thanks so much for your help!



Question for peachyswan


In my humble opinion, I would try to avoid the Turner Field area. The Ted itself is a great stadium and attending a game is definitely worthwhile. But the area around it is really iffy.





I%26#39;d book a hotel in the Midtown area and take MARTA down to Five Points station, then catch the Braves shuttle to the game. It%26#39;s a safer area and there are a variety of good hotels to choose from. The Residence Inn in Midtown or the 17th street one have both gotten good reviews. The Hampton Inn on Spring St. is an affordable option as well.





One other thing. If you all really love baseball, consider taking a tour of the stadium itself. It%26#39;s a lot of fun. Just go the Braves Web site for more info.





Hope that helps!



Question for peachyswan


It%26#39;s safe. I stayed there last September. The hotel is very nice. During game time, even several hours before the game starts there are plenty of fans walking around outside. Police is prevelant. There is a restaurant right across the hotel/stadium. It has good food. I walked there alone from my hotel after a game one night to pick up food. There were other fans out so I felt completely safe. I am going again this September and I am staying in the same hotel. I recommend it to Braves fans. There isn%26#39;t much else within walking distance though so I guess that%26#39;s the only downside.




That neighborhood is fine for games, but I wouldn%26#39;t stay there. It%26#39;s not the safest, and it%26#39;s not close to anything good like restaurants or shopping. I second the suggestion to stay in midtown unless it%26#39;s too expensive. I guess it%26#39;s all a matter of personal opinion, but I think you woudl have a more satisfactory visit if you avoided staying in that area and got to see a little more of Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment