Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chicago-style pizza

Hey, gang. A friend and I were headed to Quizno%26#39;s for lunch down in Buckhead when we saw Nancy%26#39;s Chicago Pizza. I knew they had a location on Ponce but had never made it there. So we gave up on Quizno%26#39;s and tried it. It%26#39;s in a little strip mall across from the IHOP on Peachtree Street.





I know there aren%26#39;t many Chicago-style pizza places in Atlanta so I thought I%26#39;d share. The pizza was really pretty tasty. A small for two with two toppings ran us about $20, including drinks. But considering how filling the pizza is, it was worth it. We were only able to eat half of it.





Business was a bit slow (I%26#39;m guessing they have not been there long) so we got a lot of attention from the staff. They were really incredibly nice and I plan on heading back.





If anyone else has advice on Chicago pizza joints around town, feel free to post your thoughts.



Chicago-style pizza


Peachy, if you%26#39;re ever up this way (Jefferson) a new pizzaria/trattoria opened up a couple of months ago in the old shops just across the alley way from the Crawford W. Long museum. I can%26#39;t remember the name at the moment, but they make some of the best Chicago style pizza I%26#39;ve ever had. There antipasta is huge and excellent. Enough to feed about 3 people. (I always wondered. If you eat antipasta and pasta, do they cancel each other out and you end up still hungry?) On Monday I ordered their authentic Stromboli and it was to die for.



Chicago-style pizza


That%26#39;s good to know. When I%26#39;ve had Chicago-style pizza in Chicago, it took forever (like 40 minutes) to cook because it was so thick. Is that the case here too? I%26#39;ve been curious about trying The Loop near Ptree Battle which, given its name, I would assume has Chicago-style pizza. I just have not been that hungry in a long time.




is everybody%26#39;s considered chicago style pizza? whatever it is it%26#39;s my favorite atlanta pizza.




I love Everybody%26#39;s Pizza. Chicago style is stuffed-crust, where there%26#39;s the crust, a thick layer of cheese, another crust, then toppings and sauce. It%26#39;s really thick and REALLY heavy.




JAtlanta, it did take about a 25-minute wait for our pizza and it was a small. However, the manager told us that in the future, we could call our order in before we came so we wouldn%26#39;t have to wait as long. I think that%26#39;s a pretty good idea. They also have salads and sandwiches if one is pressed for time.





About the Loop. The friend I had lunch with lives within walking distance of the new one at Peachtree Battle. Her take on it was that the food was okay but overpriced. Then again, she and I are both on the frugal side. A burger with no side item was like $8, I think. I%26#39;ve not been there myself so I can%26#39;t offer an opinion.





Nuke, you crack me up (pasta vs. antipasta). That thought has actually crossed my mind, I have to admit. I%26#39;ll have to check that place out when I am up that way next.

No comments:

Post a Comment