Wednesday, April 25, 2012

river street st. patricks day weekend

what was total# of people there this weekend? any ideas?



river street st. patricks day weekend


The paper said 3-400,000 for the parade. Friday night estimate 100,000 on River Street and they expected more on Saturday night.



river street st. patricks day weekend


I have always wondered how they go about estimating the size of crowds. 100,000 on River Street just sounds impossible to me. I think about the big sports stadiums that hold 40-60,000 and try to imagine THAT many people on River Street. I guess that it could happen.




Those numbers are correct: a good 400,000 at the parade and about 100,000 on River Street, but not all were on River St. at once! River Street will be getting more spring cleaning today by the city; steam-cleaning %26amp; removal of debris began late yesterday and into the night. By tomorrow after the rains end River Street will once again be clean...probably the nicest time to visit it. Yesterday there was a second parade through downtown: the scores of Porta-Potties stacked onto cargo trailer beds were being hauled out of Savannah. Once the Porta-Potties are gone, you know St. Patrick%26#39;s is OVER.




I had a blast except for the tunnel under the Hyatt. I said if you beat them join them. I just got my voice back. hahahahahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment