Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Plan to visit Sapelo Island. Any information is...

I would like to spend some time on Sapelo Island, Georgia with my family. We plan to visit this summer. I am attracted to the island because it is non-commercial and I%26#39;d like to simply enjoy the beach and nature with my family. I can%26#39;t seem to find much information. I have found that there are some places you can rent daily or weekly to spend a vacation, however I%26#39;d like to hear from as many people as possible regarding what they know about the island, and if it would be a nice place to vacation for a family--that wants to be secluded and relaxing. Thanks so much.

Plan to visit Sapelo Island. Any information is...

Have you done a google search? There%26#39;s really not much you can say about an island that is returning to wilderness rather than being developed.

check out this site for arranging for tours

http://www.gastateparks.org/info/sapelo/

Plan to visit Sapelo Island. Any information is...

the bbq at the tabby cottage is not to be missed. it%26#39;s terrific!


Sapelo Island is THE place for seclusion and relaxation. The ferry taking you to Sapelo is a pssanger ferry only (no cars). If you are staying any length of time on the island there are bicycles for rent and George may even let you use his truck. The ferry makes several runs a day morning, noon and late afternoon most days.


Thank you for the information. Do you have a preference of someone on the island to rent from. I came across a few, but I%26#39;d like to have some input from someone else if it%26#39;s available. Thanks so much.


I also am looking to visit Sapelo Island. Can anyone provide information on places to stay? I saw something about hog hammock. Doesanyone know this place?

  • myspace pictures
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment