Wednesday, April 25, 2012

overnight stay close to I-95

I%26#39;m looking for a suggestion as to where to spend one night on my way to Florida from Virginia. Looking for a good value.



overnight stay close to I-95


There is a motel/hotel complex at the intersection of I-95 and US 204 called Gateway Savannah. It has all sorts of chains and price ranges. It%26#39;s fairly new. You should be able to find something to suit





Check out the listing on your left. Anything listed as Gateway or Airport would be suitable.



overnight stay close to I-95


Come on!!!





Stop in and see us. You are driving past the most beautiful city in America and you aren%26#39;t even going to stay for a day?!




Ddc721





No idea what your area is like where you live , but you have got to be crazy just to drive on past Savannah , if you stay overnight near 1-95 , its only like 20 minites and you can be in the Historic district of Savannah .



YOU WILL BE MISSING A BEAUTIFUL CITY /TOWN



it must have some thing special enough to bring me back 4 times and I am from ENGLAND .





take a day or if you cant spare that well 1/2 day will get you wanting to return on another trip .




Thanks to all for the useful information! We will arrive in the later afternoon and definitely spend the evening looking around!


Dinner and a little shopping will be on the agenda for sure!




I can certainly understand your having only a limited time. However, if you do stay in the Gateway area, you can get on 204...which later becomes Abercorn Expressway or Street, and drive straight on North until you reach the Savannah River. This will take right through the Historic District. Then, if you go two blocks to the west, you will be on Bull Street and a drive South will take you through the Heart of the District. Go until you get to a Large Park (Forsyth) go East two blocks and you will be back on Abercorn and ready to drive back to your hotel. Check out this map of the Historic District.





www.savcvb.com/savannah/maps/downtown.shtml









Now, If by any chance you are coming in March 17th, Forget everything we said about driving into Savannah. That%26#39;s the day of a BIG parade and traffic does not move.




Great! We will do that! Not coming until April, so no St. Patrick%26#39;s Parade for us!




I hate to say it, but some of the hotels on 204/I-95 are rather questionable in their integrity. Having worked in one of them and seeing others on the Gateway, I would choose to travel on into Savannah. Some of the prices downtown are even as competetive with those on the Gateway. I prefer staying in a more business area than to stay on the interstate highways, though.




I will agree with Savannahinnkeeper. The motels in the gateway area are not very nice and clean and you are also correct about the rates.I have stayed at several for the last five years going to and from NC, but will not stay at any of them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment