Friday, March 30, 2012

Priceline

I was on Priceline just messing around trying to plan for our 2nd anniversary. I was hoping to win The Mansion. Well, anyway it seems that I have won the Savannah Hilton DeSoto in April for $80 a night. 3 star hotel is what they say. I hope that it%26#39;s better than what I%26#39;ve been reading.





I guess I%26#39;ll search the forum to see what we could do while we%26#39;re there.





Thanks to those who let me know about Priceline. I guess they%26#39;re not dropping the prices that low on The Mansion unless you%26#39;re close to the date of your trip.



Priceline


The Hilton is in a great spot, very central and has a nice pool a tall floor above the street. It is older and has some remodel work going on but I think you will be happy.



Priceline


Never bid on anything less than 4 stars on priceline. I am not familiar with this hotel, but 3 star is often 1-2 star in reality.




The Hilton is great. Wish I had got that lucky for St. Pat%26#39;s day! Tons to do while there. You will love it.




Miketeresa, that has also been my experience with Priceline. We went the Priceline route for a hotel in DC that was 3 stars and it wasn%26#39;t. You can tell that its not a bargin when you see homeless people begging outside the hotel.




The Hilton is a nice hotel downtown centrally located in the District. I can assure there will be no ';bums'; hanging around the outside of the hotel. Now I can%26#39;t speak for the some of the squares but I know the hotels don%26#39;t allow loitering around the front door.




I did not see anything above 3 stars except for resort and Marriott had 3.5 stars. I only want in the Historic District. I think $80 a night in the Historic District sounds great.




Typically Priceline star ratings are actually lower than the property is with AAA, Mobil and the like. Priceline has more rigorous star rating requirements because you don%26#39;t know exactly what hotel you are booking before you buy it. I know of numerous hotels in Charleston, Savannah, North Carolina, and in other cities that are AAA 4 Diamond hotels that don%26#39;t participate on Priceline because they would be 3 star...sometimes lower. Best deals I have seen for the Mansion have been on TravelZoo. www.travelzoo.com. Sign up for their top 20 to get email specials from all over the place.




vegas: Here is the one of the deals that Travelzoo is offering for the Mansion. How is $109 a night/ regularly $299? Here%26#39;s the link:





hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels/533035





Hope this helps,





D in Muskoka.




Thanks, Luckytimer.



I checked too late. The deal was no longer available. Thanks anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment