Friday, March 30, 2012

romantic dinners - help me choose!

I%26#39;m planning a romantic weekend getaway for my hubby %26amp; me and I%26#39;m trying to choose between restaurants. We have two dinners in Savannah and four restaurants to choose from. Anyone have ideas about how to choose between these? Thoughts about atmosphere? Differences between the restaurants? Location?



Thanks!





Nobel Fare



Local 11 Ten



Elizabeth on 37th



Bistro Savannah



romantic dinners - help me choose!


Bumping this up for you; also check out Sapphire Grill website. We%26#39;re trying to decide between several for our upcoming visit in February. Good luck!



romantic dinners - help me choose!


We ate at several of these establishments and I would recommend Sapphire Grill!




thanks for the suggestions! any thoughts between Nobel Fare/ Local 11 Ten/ Elizabeth on 37th? Anyone know just how pricey these restaurants are? Thanks!




I have eaten at Sapphire Grill once. It was ok, nothing outstanding. Lets put it this way, if I were return to Savannah and were to have a dining experience, I%26#39;d look elsewhere before returning here.




DW and I enjoyed Elizabeth%26#39;s on 37th very much recently. Great food in a restored old house. One drawback for me the only parking was along the street.





You might also look at 700 Drayton. Good food, a romantic atmosphere and a wonderful wine list. After dinner, forsyth park is right accross the street for an evening stroll. Also, the bar, upstairs at 700 Drayton is imo a hidden gem for Savannah.




Forsyth Park is the last place you want to stroll after dinner. At night, the park is unsafe, period.



The park also closes at 9p.m., with signs posting the closure. You can see the locals jogging the park perimeter at all hours but seriously, do NOT ';stroll'; inside Forsyth Park at night.





I recommend going to Noble Fare for a romantic dinner but book your reservation as far in advance as possible.




Forsyth Park is the last place you want to stroll after dinner. At night, the park is unsafe, period.





I had no idea it was so bad.....I%26#39;ve walked in the park at night on several occasions and never felt unsafe.




TennRoadWarrior, yeah, stuff happens at the Park at night, muggings and worse, so that%26#39;s why the city has ';park closes at 9p.m.'; signs posted. We read the newspapers %26amp; watch the local TV news, and Savannah%26#39;s street crimes are the lead stories 95% of the time. Only the murders like when Jim Williams shot his boyfriend in Mercer House does it become a tourist attraction for the masses.



You were lucky to walk through unscathed, a lot of people, esp. the brainless college kids aren%26#39;t so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment