Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hotel choice - Georgian Terrace full

Hi everyone, i dearly hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction.



I am coming to Atlanta from England on 25th March for business/pleasure.



I had earmarked the georgian terrace hotel and was just waiting for my plans to be finalised before making the booking, Anyway i just went on the book the room and they no longer have it available!





I picked this hotel as it seems to be in the centre of everything, walking distance to bars restaurants etc. Does anyone know of any other hotels near to it...





Whenever i search for hotels i have no idea where they are as i am from england it means nothing to me..





Looking for a decent hotel 100-150 per night, in midtown area. (i take it Midtwon is the best spot ?)





All the best



Steve



Hotel choice - Georgian Terrace full


I would call the Georgian Terrace if I were you, or try to book it on expedia.com or hotels.com. They often have rooms that don%26#39;t show up on the actual hotel website. If it%26#39;s truly booked, try Hotel Indigo, which is next door and a cute hotel. Also in midtown the Best Western Granada Suites and Regency Suites are reasonably priced.



Hotel choice - Georgian Terrace full


thanks for your help, the GT were doing an advancve booking rate of a luxury double for just 111 per night but no more of those available, and i tried a load of the expedia type website as well.





have gone for the Hotel Midtown in the end as looked ok with some good rates. Anyone know this hotel and if its good ?





looking forward to seeing your city :)




Hotel Midtown gets some pretty grim reviews here on TA. Suggest you review those if you still have the option to cancel. The other possibilities JAtlanta mentioned would be the ones I%26#39;d suggest as alternatives.




The Georgian Terrace website booking; shows rooms available starting at $92.65 for Petite Standard...





www.thegeorgianterrace.com




hi ya the room i was looking at was a luxury double as i am staying with a colleague and need two beds.



they dont have those anymore but i did see the petite standard but not what i was looking for.





I just saw the bad reviews on the Hotel Midtowna and as i have option to cancel will probably do that and go for one of the others...





thanks for all your help!




You could check out the Marriott Residence Inn



tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60898-d86259-R鈥?/a>





Or Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center



tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60898-d281240-鈥?/a>




right i%26#39;ve decided to stick with the Hotel Midtown. Its all booked now and too much hassle to change it..i looked at loads of others but they are quite a bit more and also have mixed reviews...





So i am going to take a gamble and hope the hotel has improved on the bad points, and that in fact it is ok now. I am not too fussy anyway but we%26#39;ll see.





I%26#39;ll come back here after my stay and update with my views etc of the place...fingers crossed lol




Hotel Midtown is a good location, and has good MARTA access. The lobby is nice - I%26#39;ve had drinks there a few times following meetings in the office building next door. The exterior and lobby are nice. I just think the rooms must be run-down based on the reviews. If you got a good price and don%26#39;t have extremely high expectations, I bet you%26#39;ll be satisfied. Please do review the hotel once you get back, though, so we can hear your thoughts.




yep will do, the location is more important to me anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment