Friday, March 30, 2012

Marriott Residence Inn in Historic District

Anyone know what the parking situation is for the ';Marriott Residence Inn Savannah Downtown,'; located at 500 West Charlton Street? I have a reservation for this coming June, but the Marriott website does not state what the parking arrangment is, which they normally do. I%26#39;m inclined to think that parking is elsewhere -- on your own -- at, say, a nearby garage.





If the hotel has parking, or if anyone knows of a nearby garage, please let me know.









https:/鈥?/a>



Marriott Residence Inn in Historic District


This property is not complete, perhaps in 2 or 3 months or so it will be finished. They may not have their parking arrangements figured out this far ahead, if it%26#39;s not to be on-site. There is a large public garage within a few blocks east across MLK, Jr. Blvd., on East Liberty facing the Civic Center....but I hope there is a parking lot on-site or closer than the one on Liberty Street. You%26#39;ve got four months to go, so give things a while for completion.



Marriott Residence Inn in Historic District


I am booking a room for next weekend March 6-10, and the website is allowing me so I think it%26#39;s already open?? It said that parking is valet $12 per day with in/out allowance.




I stand corrected, and thanks for bringing us up to date to the newest hotel in downtown Savannah! This old dog can still learn some new tricks. If I could just make the economy better......




I just booked for later in the summer. I believe the website said a gated lot with in and out privileges for $12 a night.




Hopefully this is close enough that I will be within walking distance of most things downtown. I will have a 9 %26amp; 11 yr old and we plan on our 4 day weekend to include:





Riverboat/Trolley





Forsyth Park





Art Museum has something for kids this Saturday





Eating lots of yummy food and Ice cream





SCAD? I heard there is a good shop there, maybe not for the kids but hey mom can have fun too right?





Tybee Island





We are all excited to visit Savannah, I%26#39;ll post a review of the hotel when we get back.




March 8, 2009



This hotel is open- The parking is along the sides of the building with a courtyard pool in the center. It is brand new and is very charming and spacious. You are a good 10 to 20 blks from the different squares and will need a car but is a 3 min ride to the attraction or river front. I have two dogs and we stopped in savannah on the way to NC.



I would not stay this far away from the historic district attractions- it is fanatstic for a longer stay with a small kitchen.



Offers a breakfast and is very easy at the edge of historic district on Martin Luther King Blvd..



(Next to the railroad station muesum)

No comments:

Post a Comment