Monday, April 23, 2012

One last one...

Savannahinnkeeper, No, not everyone knew about your huge celebration. Everyone I told at home was surprised in fact. I guess it was a provincial attitude to think that New York and Boston held the largest celebrations. From what I saw, Boston%26#39;s doesn%26#39;t even hold a candle to yours. I%26#39;ve already admitted guilt in not doing my research. I guess that happens to us humble travelers every once in a while and is an inherent risk in traveling. Trust in that it won%26#39;t happen again. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I didn%26#39;t even realize it WAS St. Patrick%26#39;s Day. For most people, its a little less significant than say, Christmas or New Year%26#39;s Eve and not a big tik mark on the calendar. Well, I%26#39;m awfully sorry I%26#39;ve offended so greatly by not liking one section of one city on one weekend. WOW.

One last one...

Oh, my!! Don%26#39;t fret about it. You should stick around and read our local ';Letters to the Editors'; to find out that a lot of locals agree with you about the Party too. I guess that most of us that are frequent visitors here at Trip Advisor would also check here before we went to a unfamilar place. We had been warning people about what goes on for a month or so. Believe it or not, it has been toned down the last few years. Before they put the gates up and started checking IDS more closely, it was really bad. Imagine: More beer and no port-a-jons.

Please come back again. We promise we are usually very sedate. Well, except for The First Saturday Fesitvals which are the first weekend in every month. Those are more like a big family with children time. Would you believe over 2000 entries in the Weiner Dog races in October?

One last one...

charlottebea,

Not being a Savannah resident but a frequent visitor since 1984, you are doing yourself a disservice in not visiting Savannah outside of St. Pats period.

The city continues to evolve and there is something new to behold each time my wife and I visit. The city has changed quite abit since %26#39;84 (thank goodness) but the one thing that has remained constant is the graciousness of the people of Savannah. You will be hard pressed to find better hosts and they are deservedly proud of their unique city.

Find yourself in Savannah in October and you will have perfect weather, accomodations and restaurants available and not too crowded so that you can truly enjoy one of our country%26#39;s prettiest cities.

  • having a party
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment