Saturday, April 21, 2012

Reccomendations for Best Restaurants/Experience in Atlanta

Hi,



I am in Atlanta this week on business for the first time. I am staying at the Crowne Plaza on 4355 Ashford Dunwoody near the Ravina Perimeter Ctr. Could a local expert pls suggest several options for dinner??



Tks


Colleen


Toronto, Canada



Reccomendations for Best Restaurants/Experience in Atlanta


Across the street at Perimeter Mall are several restaurants or just north on Ashford Dunwoody are lots more. Your hotel can recommend at least a dozen good places less than a mine away. There%26#39;s also a new shopping center on the other side of Perimeter Mall with a new super Target that has another 6 or 8 places to eat. Bon Apetite.



Reccomendations for Best Restaurants/Experience in Atlanta


that%26#39;s less than a MILE away. sorry for the typo.




Close to you is a great Italian restaurant called Villa Christina. It%26#39;s just inside I-285 between Ashford Dunwoody and Peachtree Dunwoody. Some of the best Italian food I%26#39;ve ever eaten. (And I%26#39;ve spent a fair amount of time in Italy)





Check them out at http://www.villachristina.com/





scroll to the bottom and click on food and drink and check out their lunch and dinner menus.




Colleen - It%26#39;s not usually this cold down here in late March. I%26#39;m sure this isn%26#39;t cold to you. I remember being in TO mid May about 10 years ago when it was below freezing. Anyway, Villa Cristina is a wonderful dinner. I also enjoy Maggiano%26#39;s at Perimeter Mall for italian. I know it%26#39;s a chain restaurant, but it%26#39;s good. If you%26#39;re looking for a good deli for breakfast or lunch, there%26#39;s Goldberg%26#39;s Bagels(just one exit east on I-285)




If you%26#39;re interested in lucious desserts or a great after-dinner coffee or liqueor, try Cafe Intermezzo. It%26#39;s across the street from the mall in a shopping center (name escapes me). They literally take you on a tour of the dessert case so you can choose.





That same shopping center also has an Eatzi%26#39;s, which is a kind of gourmet grocery store/deli/rotisserie. It%26#39;s great if you%26#39;re tired at the end of the day and just want to pick up a great sandwich, soup, salad, etc. You name it, they%26#39;ve got it.





I%26#39;m also rather fond of La Madeline (although it is a chain), which is not far from the mall down Abernathy. They serve some of the best tomato basil soup I%26#39;ve ever had. They serve a variety of items, from salads to pasta to other French country items. It%26#39;s not a fancy place but it%26#39;s cozy and warm.




If you have transportation or will take a cab my absolute favorite restaurant in Atlanta is Rathbun%26#39;s, which is located east of downtown in Inman Park. I went for the fourth time Friday night and I can honestly say I have never eaten better. This place gets rave reviews for a reason.





If you are sticking close to the Perimeter area, in addition to the restaurants at Perimeter Mall and the Target shopping center on Perimter Place, I would recommend McCormick %26amp; Schmick%26#39;s or Checquers for excellent seafood and the restaurant in the W hotel for asian fusion (I think it%26#39;s called Savu or somethign like that).




my next in town atlanta restaurant visit is going to be rathbuns on that recommendation alone. it%26#39;s a new one for us to check out too. any menu advice? thanks for the tip!




BBQman, I don%26#39;t think you can wrong wrong with anything you order at Rathbun%26#39;s but I think they do meats really well. They also take a lot of care with their specials, and the servers are pretty knowledgeable about the food, so I would certainly take their suggestions into consideration. Friday I had the double boned pork chop special topped with caramelized onions, served with asparagus, and whipped potatoes. It sounds very simple, but the preparation was absolutely perfect. A friend had risotto, which she loved, and another friend had beef tenderloin, which looked amazing. They also do a great appetizer that sounds odd but tastes great - eggplant fries with tabaso and powdered sugar. Also, the crab cake was amazing. I usually order the simple arugula salad there, and the thai beef salad is also great. I LOVE dessert there - a dessert platter for $10 (they pick) or $12(you pick) comes with four small desserts that is more than enough for two people. My favorite is a banana peanut butter tart. If I were independently wealthy I would eat there every day. In the same building is Krog Bar, a wine bar that is also owned by Kevin Rathbun, which we tried for the first time before dinner on Friday. It was very cozy - sort of a mix between an industrial loft and a ski chalet - and had a huge wine selection.




What JAtlanta said! Rathbun%26#39;s is great!




If you%26#39;re interested in getting farther away than the places in the immediate area, I highly recommend your taking I-285 West to Ga. 400 North up to Exit 7A (Holcomb Bridge Road). Go about 1 mile east to dic k %26amp; harry%26#39;s.(named after the 2 owners who are brothers Richard %26amp; Harold Marmulstein) They have absolutely the best crab cakes. Better than any place up in New England. Our favorite dessert is the white chocolate pecan pie tart. To die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment