Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dinner in Buckhead

We will be in Buckhead on March 25th. Going to the Atlanta Home Show during the day.





Wondering where to go for dinner in the evening. Staying at the Intercontinental for the first time.





Should we try and dine in the hotel or should we venture out?





Also wondering if there is any club nearby that hotel where we can hear some live music on Saturday night?





Thanks in advance!!!





Mitzi



Dinner in Buckhead


The Intercontinental is a very nice hotel and the dining there is on a level that you would expect in such a hotel. It%26#39;s a french style brasserie who%26#39;s name escapes me at the moment, but if I remember right, it%26#39;s open 24 hours a day, along with 24 room service. And Buckhead has more fine dining establishments than you can imagine, although my favorite, Seegar%26#39;s is probably booked at least a month in advance. Although I am one of the original denizens of Buckhead%26#39;s night life scene, back in the early to mid %26#39;70s, I haven%26#39;t been there for entertainment in years except to celebrate the closing (or transfer of ownership) of clubs owned by friends of mine. It is very much a young person%26#39;s club scene now, with a stress on hip hop/crunk. Not my idea of a fun night out, but who knows? I am an unabashed old fart and admit it. The entertainment district of Buckhead is also not crime free, (though not as bad as a lot of places, i.e. Underground Atlanta) even though it sits on the edge of one of the most exclusive enclaves of homes, lofts, and high end mansions in the southeast. Nowadays, if I%26#39;m going out for a night on the town, I head for midtown or Little Five Points. (Or I just sit in the rocker on the front porch and listen to the cows, frogs, and crickets) I sure have slowed down a lot in the last few years.



Dinner in Buckhead


There are many dining options in Buckhead, from the Atlanta Fish Market to Blue Pointe to Pricci. There%26#39;s a little something for everyone. Do you have any particular cuisine in mind?





As for live music, Dante%26#39;s Down the Hatch has live jazz. I think they have a Web site, would be easy to Google. And they%26#39;re not far from your hotel.




ahhh the fish market, what a magnificent meal we had there last time. fresh pompano exquisitely prepared. it%26#39;s been too long in between visits for us so we must go back soon. thanks for reminding me!




If you%26#39;re gonna be in Buckhead March 25th, I highly recommend making a reservation today, if one is available. I%26#39;d drive to Buckhead for the Fish Market any day. The Lobster Bar at Bones ain%26#39;t bad either.




I really like the Atlanta Fish Market as well. As fish goes, it%26#39;s a bit pricey in comparison to smaller independent restaurants ($20-30 entrees), but the selection cannot be beaten and it%26#39;s in line with what you could expect from a chain like McCormick and Schmick%26#39;s. I also like that the atmosphere is more casual than a lot of restaurants in that area, and you will see everything from suits to jeans inside.





If you%26#39;re interested in something a little more exotic and trendy (although at 6 years old I%26#39;m not sure this counts as trendy) I would certainly recommend Bluepointe. It offers Asian fusion with a heavy emphasis on fish in a great spot for people watching.





Also, I have not eaten at the restaurant in the Intercontinental, but it gets excellent reviews. Personally, I think that in Atlanta if you do some digging there are a lot of little restaurants that offer quality food at reasonable prices, and Au Pied de Cochon seems pricey to me. That said, it gets great reviews so they%26#39;re certainly doing something right. Here%26#39;s the website for you to check out. http://www.aupieddecochonatlanta.com/




Thanks for the info everyone!!





Should have made a reservation earlier. Busy weekend in Buckhead, I hear. We are not really ';schedule'; kind of people, unfortunately. Always like to play it by ear.





The nice fella I talked to at the Atlanta Fish Market did say they will take walkins, and since there are only two of us, it shouldn%26#39;t be too bad a wait.





So we may try there. Also liked the idea of Dante%26#39;s. haven%26#39;t been in years.





And hey, if all else fails, there are those killer wings at the ESPN Zone!! Or room service.





Thanks again!!





Mitzi

No comments:

Post a Comment