Monday, April 23, 2012

Dunwoody MARTA station & Homestead Suites, 1050 Hammond...

I could be staying at the Homestead Suites Permiter, on 1050 Hammond DR NE. It%26#39;s behind a Publix, I%26#39;m told.

I%26#39;ve found the hotel on maps.google,but I can%26#39;t determine where the MARTA stop station is. Can someone give this the nearest cross street, on Hammond, where the MARTA station is?

I plan to walk to %26amp; from the MARTA station to the HOmestead. I just want an idea how far it is, so I%26#39;ll know how long it will take me to walk there?

thanks

Dunwoody MARTA station %26amp; Homestead Suites, 1050 Hammond...

Just head east on Hammond. You%26#39;ll cross Peachtree Dunwoody Road. Keep heading east on Hammond and you%26#39;ll see the MARTA station at the next intersection, which is Peachtree Center Parkway. It%26#39;s right on that corner.

I%26#39;m guessing here, but I%26#39;d say a quarter of a mile from hotel to the station. Maybe less.

Dunwoody MARTA station %26amp; Homestead Suites, 1050 Hammond...

And there is a pub nearby called the Derby at Peachtree Dunwoody and Hammond Drive, which has Trivia nights and good grub.


Thanks for the helpful info.

Would peoplebe in this area at around 12:30 to 1:00am weeknights? Is there fast food restaurants open at this time too?

thanks


The only fast food place I can think of along that walk is Arby%26#39;s. I think they%26#39;re in the parking lot of the Publix on Hammond. But I don%26#39;t know if they%26#39;re open that late.

Not sure how much foot traffic is going on that time of night but with Publix probably being open 24 hours (not sure), there%26#39;s bound to be people around.


Thanks again.

Does anyone know if Publix is open 24hours. I could get get snacks there, if Arby%26#39;s isn%26#39;t open.


I think that area is pretty busy later at night because it is near 3 major hospitals and hospital employees come and go at all hours. Doubt there would be foot traffic but it%26#39;s a relatively safe suburban area.

There%26#39;s a Chick-fil-a at the intersection of Peachtree Dunwoody and Abernathy, which is about 1/2 mile away. That probably doesn%26#39;t keep late hours, though.


Thanks again. It sounds like the Homestead Suites will work.

What can I expect to pay for a cab from the Earthlink Live to the Lindbergh MARTA station? According to the MARTA schedule, they%26#39;re still running at 12:30am from the Lindbergh

to Dunwoody.


I would think a cab would be around $8-10. I learned something last weekend from my cab driver, is that cabs are a fixed rate within zones (Buckhead, Midtown, downtown, etc.) but metered between zones. You%26#39;d be traveling from Midtown to Buckhead to go to Lindbergh. I think the fixed rate is around $8.

Lindbergh is a good MARTA station to catch a cab - there%26#39;s a taxi stand there.


Thanks. This is very helpful info for me, and I%26#39;m sure others. It sure helps the traveller that hasn%26#39;t been there before.

Is there a designated area, to get a cabs, after an event at Earthlink Live? If not is there a street that I should walk to, to get one.

Liz


Please refer to this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60898-i104-k28628鈥?/a>

  • structuretoptr
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment