Wednesday, April 25, 2012

a cheap hotel near ATL?

There have been quite a few recommendations for nice hotels near ATL. Unfortunately they%26#39;re not in my price range for my brief overnight stay in Atlanta on my upcoming trip. What%26#39;s the best of the cheap ($40-65) airport hotels? At the moment I%26#39;m looking at the Days Inn Airport East 5116 Highway 85 because it has an onsite restaurant where I can get breakfast very early the morning I leave. Several of the less expensive hotels have had dreadful reviews. I%26#39;d like clean sheets and a bathroom that works.



a cheap hotel near ATL?


I think your best bet is bidding on Priceline. You can specify the area (airport) and price. If it doesn%26#39;t accept your price, you can rebid later (24 hours???) or change the search parameters (3 stars instead of 4, etc). If I were doing this I would bid $60 on a 4 star airport hotel and see what you can get. You might just wind up with a really nice hotel at a great price. Otherwise, you could always downsize to a 3 star (Days Inn would be 2 or 3 I would bet) and still save $$$.





I am not sure whether Priceline will allow you to see whether the hotel has a restaurant before you finalize your bid, but I know that if you use Hotwire it will be shown on the restaurant profile. Otherwise, there are plenty of places to get breakfast at the airport. If you don%26#39;t have one in Monterrey Bay, I would certainly recommend Chick-fil-a for price and quality.



a cheap hotel near ATL?


if that doesn%26#39;t work out for you you can always try the clermont motor hotel.




I usually stay at the Sleep Inn near the airport. About $55?? Always had a clean room, they have a free airport shuttle and you can leave your car there (for free) if necessary.




I just bid $40 for a 3 star on priceline and got it (Holiday Inn Select South ATL).




the clermont motor hotel is also priced at $55.55.




Unfortunately, the Clermont would not be convenient to the airport and I do not believe it offers a shuttle. Perhaps it%26#39;s more appropriate for a vist when you have more time to get to know Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment